To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Principal Scientist, Oncology Bioinformatics
Work with Roche scientists to apply state of the art integrative analysis techniques to advance decisions for our Oncology drug pipeline. The analytical focus ranges from early pre-clinical phases (target discovery and validation, preclinical mechanism of action analyses) to clinical phases I and II (biomarker discoveries, translational medicine studies). The Oncology Bioinformatics Scientist will be broadly involved in the application of bioinformatics methods and techniques to analyze large scale datasets (RNA, DNA, protein). The main focus of this position will be the analysis of tumor genomes including the application of genetics methodologies. The main tasks will be to design experiments in collaboration with Oncology scientists, biostatisticians and laboratory technique experts and analyze datasets to address various questions along the pipeline, including target identification, lead selection, tumor prevalence, indication selection, model assessment, biomarker selection assessment, mechanism of action, etc. You will use your knowledge of state of the art bioinformatics methods, techniques and software to assemble sequences, examine sequence phylogeny and alignment, detect polymorphism/mutations, etc.
* PhD in Bioinformatics, Medical Informatics, Biology or related field with at least 2 years of experience.
* Proficiency in working with bioinformatics tools, methods and databases, preferably in the Oncology therapeutic area.
* Good knowledge in biological sciences (Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology).
* Knowledge of the Drug Discovery and Development process is of advantage.
* Proficiency in R and PERL, knowledge of C / C++ is of advantage
* Strong team spirit. Willingness to work in international teams.
* Willing to work inter-disciplinary and readiness to learn and explore new fields.
* Fluency in English.
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center