Are you a biotech professional?
Need to update your biotech knowledge or need to prepare for a job interview?
Check out this collection of Bioinformatics Interview Questions and Answers ...
Bioinformatics Interview Questions and Answers
- What is bioinformatics?
- What is Computational Biology?
- Sample Interview Questions: Bioinformatics
- Sample Interview Questions: Discovery Research in Biotech
- Sample Interview Questions: Biotech business development analyst
- What are the limitations of blotting techniques and what alternatives can you suggest?
- What technique is used to measure the number of copies of a gene or an RNA molecule in human tissues?
- What is a Living Modified Organism (LMO)?
- Computational Biology (1)
- Computational Biology (2)
- Computational Biology (3)
- Computational Biology (4)
- When a bicycle is in motion, the force of friction exerted by the ground on the two wheels is such that it acts
- A certain radioactive element A, has a half life = t seconds. In (t/2) seconds the fraction of the initial quantity of the element so far decayed is nearly
- Which of the following plots would be a straight line ?
- A radioactive element x has an atomic number of 100. It decays directly into an element y which decays directly into element z. In both processes a charged particle is emitted. Which of the following statements would be true?
- If the sum of the roots of the equation ax2 + bx + c=0 is equal to the sum of the squares of their reciprocals then a/c, b/a, c/b are in
- A man speaks the truth 3 out of 4 times. He throws a die and reports it to be a 6. What is the probability of it being a 6?
- If cos2A + cos2B + cos2C = 1 then ABC is a
- Image of point (3,8) in the line x + 3y = 7 is
- The mass number of a nucleus is
- The maximum KE of the photoelectron emitted from a surface is dependent on
- Which of the following is not an essential condition for interference
- When X-Ray photons collide with electrons
- An electron emits energy
- How many bonds are present in CO2 molecule?
- In a balanced chemical equation
- How many grams of NaOH will react with 0.2 equivalent of HCl?
- Which of the following is least acidic
- In Reimer-Tiemann’s reaction, the reaction intermediate is
- Which of the following is most acidic?
- A catalyst
- The rate of the first order reaction depends on the
- The most abundant element in the universe is
- Integrate 3x + 5 / (x3-x2-x+1)
- If y=cos-1(cosx + 4sinx)/(17)1/2, then dy/dx is
- If the sum of n terms of two series of A.P are in the ratio 5n+4:9n+6 .find the ratio of their 13th terms
- If the letters of the word “rachit” are arranged in all possible ways and these words are written out as in a dictionary, what is the rank of the word “rachit”.
- Ravi’s salary was reduced by 25%.Percentage increase to be effected to bring the salary to the original level is
- A and B can finish a piece of work in 20 days .B and C in 30 days and C and A in 40 days. In how many days will A alone finish the job
- How long will a train 100m long traveling at 72kmph take to overtake another train 200m long traveling at 54kmph
- What is the product of the irrational roots of the equation (2x-1)(2x-3)(2x-5)(2x-7)=9?
- Which of the following parameters is the same for molecules of all gases at a given temperature?
- A solid is completely immersed in liquid. The force exerted by the liquid on the solid will
- Select the correct statements
- An electron is injected into a region of uniform magnetic flux density with the components of velocity parallel to and normal to the flux. What is the path of the electron?
- A constant voltage is applied between the 2 ends of a uniform metallic wire. Some heat is developed in it. The heat developed is doubled if
- If Young’s double slit experiment is performed in water
- The shape of a spot of light produced when bright sunshine passes perpendicular through a hole of very small size is
- Some forms are books. All books are made of paper
- All toffees are chocolates. Some toffees are not good for health.
- The questions 40-46 are based on the following pattern.The problems below contain a question and two statements giving certain data. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient for answering the questions.The correct answer is
- If a ground is rectangular, what is its width?
- If the present age of my father is 39 yrs and my present age is x yrs, what is x?
- How many brothers and sisters are there in the family of seven children?
- x is not equal to 0, is x + y = 0?
- ? : BGLQ : : YDIN : VAFK
- NLO : RPS : : ? : ZXA
- If “segment” is coded as rffndou, then “ritual” is coded as
- If “football” is “cricket” ,”cricket” is “basketball” ,”basketball” is “volleyball”,”volleyball” is “khokho” and “khokho” is cricket, which is not a ball game?
- Which of the following is a recursive set of production
- User Study during Bioinformatics course: Interview questions
- Bioinformatics Interview Questions
- Did you use any bioinformatics tools before?
- Are you planning to use bioinformatics tools after the course?
- What are the important aspects you think these tools should support? (<- for the questionnaire may be ask participants to rate items)
- Have you ever used/seen one o the workflow systems? (