To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Scientist I (R&D)
Responsibilities will include:
· Lead the invention, development, testing and evaluation of next generation sequencing technologies.
· Identify bottlenecks and streamline clinical laboratory testing procedures.
· Design high throughput and scalable next generation sequencing assays for fully automated clinical laboratories.
· Extensive hands-on use and troubleshooting of Illumina sequencing instruments.
· Analysis of next generation sequencing data and interpretation of results.
· Basic shell scripting.
· Fundamental understanding of molecular biology techniques and principles.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize laboratory and data analysis tasks.
· Strong inter personal skills and the ability to lead the successful completion of experiments.
· Ability to correlate next generation sequencing data with changes in the laboratory procedure.
• PhD in Mol Bio, Biochem, Genetics, or related field.
• Extensive experience with molecular biology techniques, including sequencing, electrophoresis, cloning.
• Basic understanding of bioinformatics.
· Attention to detail and accuracy are critical
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center