To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Senior Associate Scientist - Microbiology/Molecular Biology
• Demonstrated proficiency in proper handling of bacterial isolates and clinical samples.
• Mastery of aseptic technique and familiarity with BSL2 safety practices for working in the laboratory.
• Key member of whole genome sequencing core team; ownership of WGS pipeline and oversight of colleague/client sequencing runs.
• Identification, culture, storage and tracking of bacterial samples; both clinical isolates and laboratory strains.
• Support colleagues in the laboratory by performing routine laboratory duties that can include preparation of media, stocking of reagents, ordering supplies.
• Develop and follow standard operating procedures.
• Preparation of research findings in reports or for presentation as well as documentation of all work in electronic notebook.
• Presents research findings in lab, group, team and departmental meetings/forums.
• Work efficiently as part of a team in a matrixed environment.
• BA/BS in Microbiology/Clinical Microbiology/Molecular Biology, with 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience.
• Familiarity with standard laboratory methods for culturing of bacterial pathogens, experience with Molecular Biology techniques and basic data analysis.
• Ability to work semi-independently.
• Adept at using personal computers – including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and other relevant scientific software.
• Motivated, flexible and willing to learn new skill sets.
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center