To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
The Bioinformatics Analyst will be responsible for the validation of the ontology components inferred from the network analysis in Aims 1 and 3 of CIP4 by comparison with existing ontological network representations and facilitate the harmonization of new knowledge about biological processes and cell lineage relationships with the existing ontology artifacts in the broader knowledge representation community.
• Experience using ontology editing tools such as Protégé or OBO-Edit.
• Experience with semantic web technologies, including OWL, RDF and SPARQL.
• Working knowledge of minimum information standards developed through the MIBBI Consortium and biomedical ontologies developed through the open biological and biomedical ontologies and related initiatives, especially the Basic Formal Ontology (BFO) and the Ontology of Biomedical Investigations (OBI).
• Solid knowledge of molecular biology as it related to stem cell biology.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Experience with the implementation of relevant terminology and minimum information standards into electronic data capture systems and database schemas is desirable. The candidate must be able to work independently accordingly to experience, exercising analytical judgment as appropriate.
Successful candidates will have a Master’s of Science or Ph.D. degree in the life sciences, public health or in computer science with strong familiarity with bioinformatics, genomic analysis, and ontology data standards.
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center