To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Director of Business Development in Biotech
Seeking a Director of Business Development responsible for leading strategic business development initiatives. The position reports to the Chief Financial and Business Officer.
The individual will source and evaluate potential business opportunities by performing discounted cash flow/NPV analysis, evaluating market comparables, deal requirements, technical and financial risks, strategic value and attributes of prospective collaborators. The individual must be comfortable with advancing multiple projects concurrently, assessing strategic options and making clear recommendations to senior management and the Board of Directors.
* 5 or more years in business/corporate development and transactions, with multiple demonstrated successful collaborations at a biotech, pharmaceutical or related healthcare company
* Education: Although personal leadership characteristics and track record are the most critical components, a scientific or medical educational background and/or business education will be viewed as favorable educational backgrounds. Advanced degree(s) preferred (Ph.D., MBA, MD).
* Advanced knowledge of the biotech and/or healthcare industries, particularly the deal environment
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally - 20-30%
* Track record of participation in negotiating and closing transactions: The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to problem solve creatively with partner companies to close deals that create a win-win relationship for both parties.
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center