To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Scientist / Sr. Scientist, Pharmaceutical R&D
* Design and characterize formulations & novel drug delivery systems
* Perform basic solid-state analysis of preclinical formulations, i.e. TGA, Particle Size analysis, XRD, DSC, Raman Spectroscopy
* Support ongoing research efforts to advance product concepts involving crystalline and non-crystalline formulation approaches
* Identify, develop and execute novel in vitro approaches for characterizing preclinical formulation concepts
* Demonstrate initiative in idea generation and experimental design
* Effectively propose and develop experimental ideas to support future product concepts.
* Participate actively in relevant project team meetings providing input as required.
* Execute technical work to a high standard and be capable of defending results in peer review settings
* Passionately seek new opportunities for advancing projects and for providing state-of-the-art approaches to early stage formulation screening
* Actively read and research the literature for new ideas and for trouble-shooting problems.
* Continue to develop knowledge in relevant subject areas and expand breadth of knowledge, including areas outside of direct function
* Seek opportunities for broadening our patent portfolio, for publishing and/or presenting at scientific meetings.
* Work as a team member and take on leadership opportunities to participate in achieving the aims and goals of the project team
* Communicate issues, data and resolution ideas within R&D in a timely manner to permit objectives to be met and to confirm solutions to problems with Senior Management; Highlight critical issues promptly and with clarity and an eye to problem solving
* Prepare timely, concise and accurate reports on work performed and outlining plans for future work
* Prepare and present presentations internally and externally
* Comply with all relevant GxP, Safety and Environmental regulations and Company policies
* Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry, Polymers, Biomaterials Sciences or Physical Pharmaceutics with a strong analytical background and a minimum of 2 years relevant industrial experience
* Experience in physical chemistry techniques and applications and material science is required
* Must be quantitative, proactive and innovative with good problem solving skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership, collaborative, communication (written and verbal), self-awareness and time-management skills are essential
* Proven track record in current and previous roles
* Results and Performance driven
* Strong leadership skills and ability to work within cross-functional teams; Experience leading technical teams is a plus
* Capable of working in a team structure and influencing across boundaries
* Flexibility, awareness and adaptability to changing needs and work product demands
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center