To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Scientist IV, Immunology & Inflammation-
* Independently or with minimal supervision design and conduct experiments aimed at target identification and validation for autoimmune/inflammatory disease indications.
* Independently or with minimal supervision develop and implement cellular and molecular assays and potentially PK/PD models useful for the identification and characterization of small molecule and biologic drug candidates.
* Initiates, designs, interprets accurately, troubleshoots and completes routine procedures independently and efficiently; initiates, designs, interprets accurately, troubleshoots and completes non-routine and difficult procedures generally without supervision; Conducts exploratory experiments
* Proposes, gains support for and implements ideas from individualís knowledge of science and technology and understanding of drug discovery process
* Proposes, evaluates and implements new technologies; independently applies basic scientific principles, performs literature searches, attends scientific meetings, and keeps abreast of literature in own field
* Effectively communicates and defends own work, orally and in writing, in the context of the team goals at meetings
* Demonstrates a solid level of technical proficiency in field; trains technicians and junior level scientists in this field
* Reports and treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics
* Complies with applicable regulations, performing all work in a safe manner; Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies
* Participate in cross departmental project teams when assigned
* Masterís Degree in Immunology, Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline with 6+ years experience in a related scientific discipline or Bachelorís Degree with 10+ years experience in a related field or equivalent experience in a related field
* Demonstrated hands-on experience in conducting as well as design and implementation of cellular and molecular assays.
* Ability to design and troubleshoot laboratory experiments, evaluate and interpret results, perform literature searches, work with automation equipment when necessary in an independent manner (or with minimal supervision).
* Advanced training in the area of technical expertise.
* Demonstrate knowledge of field.
* Propose new experimental designs, Conduct probing experiments.
* Proven problem solving ability.
* Conduct work in a safe manner and comply with all mandated guidelines and policies.
* Working knowledge of computer software including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Provide training and guidance to laboratory personnel.
* Prepare technical reports, publications and oral presentations.
* Act as a leader in absence of supervisor.
* Appropriate level of understanding of applicable regulation
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center