To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Associate Scientist in Biotech
* Apply basic laboratory techniques to perform a wide variety of assays required to characterize product or material safety in the Virology Services Department.
* Work will be conducted under supervision.
* Techniques will include cell culture, basic viral and biochemical methods, preparation of reagents and media, microscopy, and immunofluorescence assays.
* Perform all work in compliance with GMP/GLP documentation and industry work practices.
* Make accurate and detailed observations, perform basic data analysis and document all work completely in laboratory records.
* Advise supervisor of any factors that may affect quality, accuracy and usefulness of data.
* Troubleshoot experiments with assistance from supervisor, and contribute ideas and suggestions for additional experiments, protocol improvements.
* Keep current with standard operating procedures and maintain a training file.
* Comply with all company safety regulations and procedures.
* Bachelorís of Science degree in Biology, Biochemistry or other related discipline or Associate Science degree with 1-3 years of experience.
* A basic level of proficiency in Word and Excel is required.
* Experience in cell culture, cell-based assays, and/or the use of micropipettes preferred but not required.
* Knowledge of GMP/GLP guidelines is also a plus
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center