To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Biomedical Technician I - Orlando
* Working knowledge of the theory, operation, and repair of medical instrumentation and medical electronic systems.
* Education in the electronics field or equivalent, or Working experience in the electronics field, or equivalent (i.e. medical instrumentation)
* Knowledge of medical equipment and instrumentation (Preferred)
* Education in medical electronics technology (Preferred)
* Demonstrates through behavior our core value of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program.
* Adds preventive maintenance work orders to the database. Performs preventive maintenance on medical equipment. Documents preventive maintenance work orders on forms as required.
* Documents all labor in Facilities Department database as required.
* Adds new equipment to the database correctly and updates equipment information in the database.
* Fills out purchase requisitions for medical equipment parts and issues parts in the database as required.
* Reports unexpected problems with medical equipment to supervisor.
* Maintains work area in safe condition.
* Works with clinical staff of the hospital to solve equipment problems.
* Performs service on basic medical equipment without constant supervision.
* Assesses equipment status and ensures that after service, equipment is in safe and excellent working condition.
* Participates in cross training of new and current BME staff.
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center