To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Skills and Abilities
1. Engineering design and analysis. Proficient in good engineering practices and standards.
2. Capable of designing and building both mechanical and electrical control systems for electro-mechanical equipment.
3. Knowledge of electrical regulatory requirements for products and equipment (i.e. CE, UL, ETL, etc.).
4. Project management and multi-tasking skills.
5. Software proficiency: MS office programs, CAD and CAD analysis programs SolidWorks, AutoCAD, DriveWorks, PDM Enterprise, FEA), and DOE or other reliability software.
6. Automation design and build of various mechanical systems.
7. Knowledgeable in PLC and visual basic programming and electrical components.
8. Knowledge/experience in machining and SST fabrication.
9. Lab or industrial experience with cell culture or chemical formulation processes is a plus.
10. Experience using numerical computing software for process modeling and simulation is desirable.
11. Ability to read and create technical references (blue prints, schematics, and P&IDs).
1. Minimum 5 to 8 years experience related to automation equipment design and machine build relating to Biopharma processes. Strong knowledge and expertise in designing, fabricating, testing, software development, and electrical understanding of automated mechanical systems.
2. Strong preference given to individual with relevant past experience in biopharm and biotech industry.
3. Experience with DCS automated process control systems (i.e. Emerson DeltaV).
4. Physical Demands: Lifting of up to 50lbs.
5. Travel: Less than 5%
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
1. Education: BS in Biochemical, Chemical, or Mechanical or related engineering field.
2. Experience in SolidWorks CAD software and knowledgeable of AutoCad, PDM Enterprise desired
3. Machine design and build experience.
4. Experience in Electrical schematic understanding and/or creation .
5. Knowledgeable in Automation PLC base controls/software/IO components.
6. Ability to read blue prints/schematics.
7. PC proficient in Microsoft office.
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center