To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Scientist, Research in Biotech
# mplement new product development efforts and Investigate new product applications.
# Act independently to design and perform laboratory experiments to test hypothesis related to project outcomes. Analyze and interpret data, evaluate results, form conclusions, and determine future experiments in day-to-day product development activities. Accurately and consistently record experimental methods, materials and results.
# Assume responsibility for completion of projects to meet timeline, ensuring activities are consistent with project critical path and responding appropriately to changing priorities.
# Collaborate with all departments to resolve technical issues related to product manufacturing, testing and performance.
# Responsible for writing reports, preparing manufacturing documents, including SOPs, specification sheets and worksheets, and presenting technical data at team meetings.
# Create project plan and schedule, coordinate project team activities, and represent the team in updates provided to management.
# Train other scientists, as needed, in executing product development, product applications, and improvement activities.
* M.S. with a minimum of 5 years product R&D experience or Ph.D with a minimum of 3 years product R&D experience, with degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, bioorganic chemistry, or related life science field.
* Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
* Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, problem solving skills and collaboration with other departments.
* Well established capabilities in using a design control process in a regulated environment to take biochemical products, nanostructured biomaterials, or separation media from concepts through research and development to market.
* Extensive expertise with the following aspects of solid-phase materials: customization of surfaces for protein and oligonucleotide couplings; optimization of biomolecule immobilization chemistries; development and characterization of coated and functionalized materials; investigation and resolution of product performance issues in life science research and immunochemical / molecular IVD applications.
* Hands on experience and wide-ranging knowledge with a wide variety of biochemical, analytical, and molecular biology methods and tools used in life science research.
* Direct product development experience with magnetic, fluorescent, and/or dyed particle or solid phase biomaterials is a plus; experience with development of flow cytometry-based assays for life science and IVD applications is a plus.
* Good understanding of ISO 13485 and cGMP.
* Familiar with design control and regulatory requirements that apply to IVD products.
* Critical thinker with an ability to actively participate and contribute to team meetings.
* Skilled communicator with an ability to interact comfortably with Thermo Fisher customers.
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center