To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Research Assistant II Lab Sciences
* Function as the lead technician on assigned studies by taking the lead role in coordinating study-related procedures. Review the activities and documentation of peers contributing to the study, and assure full adherence to the study requirements.
* Prepare, conduct, and oversee technical activities for assigned studies, working with the scientific and technical staff.
* Manage project timelines, resource coordination, and prioritization of assigned studies in conjunction with supervisor and laboratory management, with minimal supervision.
* Perform study preparation activities including the preparation and maintenance of study notebooks, generating data collection documentation, identifying supply needs, performing laboratory setup, and developing and implementing Study Specific Procedures (as appropriate).
* Participate in sponsor representative interactions under the direct supervision of senior scientific staff or management.
* Perform laboratory procedures and collect and record/document research data in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), study protocols, study- and laboratory-specific methods or procedures, and company policies/practices.
* Program simple to complex tables for data input. Print and edit computer entries (e.g., laboratory data) as needed.
* Assist with reviewing and updating processes and SOPs as assigned.
* Document deviations and incidents. Assist in filing and addressing deviations through memoranda.
* Assist in the development and review of basic to complex study type protocols.
* Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
* Periodically peer review data, documentation, and tabulated summaries as generated/collected by less experienced technical staff.
* Maintain clean work areas (e.g.: laboratory area, animal exam areas).
* Works with scientific staff to develop new techniques and/or procedures to expand capabilities in the Department.
* Perform all other related duties as assigned.
* Education:Bachelorís degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a laboratory science or related discipline required.
* Experience: Two to four years related experience in biology, chemistry/pharmacy, or similar lab environment, or must have demonstrated full knowledge of competencies at the previous level.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
* Certification/Licensure: None.
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center