To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Scientist II, Molecular Biology
1. Establish, write, and validate product specifications and manufacturing/testing procedures relating to the development of new quality control materials.
2. Represent R&D on project teams aimed at launching new products. Communicate progress and experimental results to team members in a clear and organized manner.
3. Conduct molecular biology experiments, including real-time PCR methods and sequencing.
4. Develop hypotheses and design the necessary set of experiments to test them.
5. Analyze data and explain the outcome of experiments.
6. Troubleshoot product-related performance issues.
7. Work within the ISO 13485 and FDA QSR compliant Quality System.
8. Maintain an up to date and organized laboratory notebook. Quality of documentation must be sufficient to support patent claims.
9. Conduct preventative maintenance of laboratory equipment.
10. Help maintain the laboratory in an orderly fashion; assist in tracking materials and supplies within the laboratory and ordering replacements as needed.
11. Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required and/or assigned.
Requires a bachelorís degree in molecular biology or related field plus 2-5 years of relevant experience or a masterís degree in with 0-3 years of experience.
The successful candidate will:
∑ Have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in molecular biology. Experience in diagnostic field is preferable.
∑ Have excellent communication skills
∑ Be collegial and responsible
∑ Have courage and confidence to take risks and learn from mistakes
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center