To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Associate Scientist - Compound Management
* Experience using computers for data entry, inventory management, and utilizing databases to access information
* Ensure that compound samples are stored under proper conditions, maintaining high quality and integrity.
* Ensure that data associated with the samples is of high caliber, and that they are delivered effectively and efficiently, in full support of Global Discovery activities.
* Ensure an accurate and reflective inventory for the GHP compound collection
* Provide fast, accurate and efficient sample handling and integrity, minimizing sample depletion and wastage
* Understand the needs of the customer, and efficiently meet their requirements and expectations
* Ensures all processes are performed in compliance with SHE policies and procedures
* Design and safely perform experiments
* Implement, validate and optimize experimental methods
* Analyze and manage data, interpret results, prepare reports and present findings
* Remain current in research area and discovery program
* Typically 2 or more years experience in a Biotech / Pharmaceutical setting
* Associate degree or Biotechnology Certificate desirable
* Strong understanding of Microsoft Office suite of tools
* Ability to operate an analytical balance
* Familiarity with databases and analytical software.
* Highly productive: consistently generates high quality results within established time frames.
* Strong problem solving skills and the ability to, on the basis of their own experience and analytical skills, initiate the use of new techniques and to ascertain their value in solving problems relating to their immediate project.
* Collects, analyzes, and summarizes data for reports, and presents data at project and/or team meetings.
* Communicates effectively with colleagues at all levels, coupled with an ability to listen, resulting in clear and succinct messages and accurate interpretation of feedback.
* Communicates relevant information from meetings or literature to colleagues.
* Identifies and rapidly informs supervisor and colleagues of issues critical to attainment of project goals and is realistic in ability to overcome problems.
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center