US-CA-WestHills: Scientist in Biotech
Scientist, Clinical Lab
1. Independently performs consistently moderate and somewhat complex clinical tests. Exhibits skills and proficiency in applying technical principles and techniques of medical technology.
2. Prepares and tests new reagents or controls and evaluates their usefulness based on standard criteria.
3. Performs test calibrations and runs Quality Control material at appropriate intervals.
4. Determines the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria in testing procedures.
5. Determines calculated results utilizing testing data by means of manual or computerized procedures.
6. Accurately enters results of testing. Checks the computer review reports to monitor accurate reporting of laboratory results.
7. Evaluates the acceptability of routine analysis prior to releasing patient reports. Takes appropriate action in response to critical values or unusual or unexpected results, and documents action taken.
8. Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and/or calibration of laboratory equipment and properly documenting actions taken based on approved schedule.
9. Evaluates the results of instrument performance checks. Performs linearity, accuracy and precision checks as required.
10. Performs Q/C and calibrations with the appropriate frequency and evaluates results, to decide whether tests should be reported. Reports any shifts or trends to a Clinical Laboratory Scientist II or Supervisor.
11. Accurately performs and records proficiency testing.
12. Recognizes problems, and initiates troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems, if necessary. Notifies the supervisor, and contacts manufacturer for additional assistance or field service support, if required.
13. Monitors and maintains a consistent supply of reagents and consumables.
14. Promptly and courteously answers the phone and assists clients and other departments. 15. Maintains a safe and neat work area.
16. Maintains a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
17. Provides on-going technical guidance to laboratory assistants, laboratory associates, and other Clinical Laboratory Scientists. Instructs and/or trains new employees in the proper performance of routine procedures.
18. Maintains professional growth and development through continuing education activities.
19. Follows established company and department policies and procedures. Follows the guidelines for safety, environmental, and infection control.
20. Demonstrates a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
21. May be required to perform Clinical Laboratory Scientist II level duties for a limited period of time, in order to establish competency prior to promotion as well as fill in for departmental absences.
22. Provides direct and constant supervision to unlicensed staff as necessary.
To apply for this position, please visit this Website.