To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Medical Science Liaison
* Develop and maintain peer-to-peer collaborations and relationships with key medical experts in nephrology in the region.
* Work with physicians on medical affairs initiatives including publications, investigator initiated trials, members of regional advisory boards, training and speaker/training programs.
* Serve as scientific peer-to-peer resource to nephrology disease experts and medical community with up-to-date medical information, robust disease expertise and product information.
* Communicate expert opinions and feedback on new data and the respective medical field to Alexion medical affairs and nephrology franchise.
* Provide medical and scientific input into regional advisory boards, work with their physician experts to review speaker presentations and provide medical references where requested.
* Respond to unsolicited medical info request in the region, manage questions, liaison with headquarters to ensure proper response has been provided, ensure data is fair and balanced.
* Discuss and assess investigator-initiated research proposals. Serve as point-person and conduit for respective projects.
* Support clinical initiatives including site identification, trial recruitment and presentation of final approved data.
* Work with regional government affairs and managed care account teams to with clinical data and presentations to support patient access.
* Understand local initiatives on disease and treatment guidelines.
* Serve as an Alexion-internal expert in nephrology with an up-to-date and high level of therapeutic expertise. Train Alexion staff on key scientific topics and nephrology-associated diseases and respective medical practice.
* Maintain compliance with all internal and external legal and regulatory guidelines.
* The successful candidate must have a MD (preferred), PharmD, or PhD in biological sciences with substantial industry experience.
* Robust and current experience in nephrology disease area relating to recently-launched and marketed biologics/ therapies required.
* Candidates must have well-established networks and active relationships with nephrology-focused KOLs.
* Preference given to candidate with recent pediatric contacts.
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center