To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Senior Scientist in Biotech
* Collaborate with the nucleic chemistry and product development groups to accelerate the evaluation and development of proprietary methods that improve assay performance.
* Develop efficient automatable methods for isolation of DNA and RNA from biological samples.
* Integrate sample preparation with real time PCR and RT-PCR assays to optimize limits of detection.
* Develop and write verification and validation procedures and technical reports.
* Maintain detailed experimental records.
* Present data at technical meetings.
* Provide input to the project schedule as required.
* Participate in facilities planning, budgeting and strategic planning.
* Advanced degree in molecular biology, cancer biology, virology, genetics, or biochemistry, and/or a minimum of 8 years relevant industrial experience.
* Knowledge of laboratory safety and biosafety practices.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
* Experience in handling clinical samples in a BSL-2 environment.
* Excellent documentation and communications skills.
* Proficiency with standard Microsoft computer programs
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center