To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Scientist in Biotech
• Hands on experience and proficiency with the use of analytical tools and biochemical techniques
• Experience in assay development, including immunoassays, enzyme assays, cell-based assays using techniques such as ELISA, MSD, SPR, and statistical analysis of the data
• Independent, self-motivated and yet a team player
• Strong track record in delivering high quality work and attention to details
• Ability to focus on activities linked to corporate and departmental scientific goals
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask, and be flexible and adapt to business priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in technical writing and oral presentation
• Understanding of GLP requirements and experience in assay validation preferred.
• Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry is a plus.
• Familiarity with supporting preclinical and clinical studies and with PK/immunogenicity/PD concepts is also a plus
• Recommend specialized equipment (capital and other lab equipment) for assay development based on set budget and established time lines designated by department head
• Contribute specific experimental designs and test conditions based on knowledge gained through prior hands-on experience and/or review of relevant technical literature
• Recommend specific experimental reagents and vendors based on familiarity, preference, availability and price
• Internal: supervisor and colleagues. This person will coordinate his/her efforts with other members of the Preclinical/Nonclinical Development Department and of the Research Department, as well as with members of cross-functional teams
• External: vendors of specialized equipment used for experimentation; materials and reagents used for experimentation
This position may involve limited domestic and/or international travel.
Minimum Requirements The successful candidate will possess a Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, immunology or related field. He/She should have extensive hands-on experience with a variety of assay formats, technologies, and instrument platforms, and general knowledge of assay development and validation.
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center