To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Research Scientist in Biotech
Essential Job Functions:
* Design and perform product development and optimization experiments. Troubleshoot all experimental failures. Devise correct compensatory experiments. Collect, compile and analyze related data.
* Prepare technical reports, project summaries and updates, and protocols as requested for quantitative analyses. Maintain concise and accurate written records for all projects.
* Perform reagent preparation and cell culture for the purpose of conducting research projects.
* Develop, establish, and document appropriate quality control, manufacturing, and other procedures for new products and services.
* Complete general laboratory tasks, including but not limited to materials ordering and maintaining equipment documentation. Maintain laboratory records and notebooks. Ensure all work complies with established process and procedures.
* Follow up on customer/collaborator evaluations of new projects. Research, resolve, and respond to customer questions, concerns, and complaints in a timely, accurate manner.
* Provide written and verbal reports or related presentations as requested.
* Contribute to drafting of posters and manuscripts for scientific meetings and publications.
* Complete other related duties as assigned.
* BS, MS or PhD in Biological Sciences or related discipline with at least 2 years hands-on cell biology experience in an industrial or academic setting.
* Demonstrated experience in the areas of cell-based assay development, immunocytochemistry and cellular imaging and analysis, preferably with stem cells.
* Previous experience in a project leadership role from initiation through transfer to production.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize workload to ensure timely completion of projects.
* Demonstrated attention to detail and excellent planning and experimental design skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, including the ability to create clear, concise written reports/presentations/documentation.
* Demonstrated knowledge of personal computer software in a business environment with specific knowledge and skill with word processing, spreadsheets and graphics. Microsoft Office and GraphPad Prism experience preferred. Experience with Biostatistics software desirable.
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center