To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
(Assoc)Scientist/Engineer- Development (Monogram Biosciences)
BA/MS with 7+ years or PhD in a biological sciences discipline and/or BA/MS in a software engineering discipline and 7+ years experience
* Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, project management, organizational skills, and commitment to teamwork required
* Technical expertise in several of the following disciplines is desired:
o molecular biology, cell biology, process/chemical engineering, automation or software development.
* Biotech/pharma and/or clinical lab experience is desired
* Cross-functional experience in both biological assay development/validation and high throughput automation applications and support is a plus.
* Proficiency with one or more programming languages desirable (.NET)
* Supervisory/management experience is a plus
The Development Scientist/Engineer manages, facilitates, and performs project activities in the design, development and implementation high throughput assay development processes to support a CAP/CLIA-certified diagnostic laboratory specializing in proprietary therapy guidance applications. The position provides scientific and engineering stewardship in the development and maintenance of innovative automation systems for high throughput molecular-, biochemical- and cell-based assays that direct critical treatment decisions for patients suffering from life-threatening diseases. This position is within the Process Development Group, which is responsible for assay support of the Clinical Reference Lab (CRL) at Monogram Biosciences, including translational research and process development activities for new and existing assay products, development, launch and maintenance of automated processes in the CRL and development of custom test services for pharmaceutical and academic clients.
Principal responsibilities of this position include:
* Design of experimental and validation protocols
* Coordination and direction of staff engaged in completing tasks
* Developing applications on automated platforms with the high throughput automation team
* Support of in-line automated platforms
* Employing project management organization and monitoring
* Preparation of documentation in support of process changes and validations
* Additional responsibilities include investigation, problem-solving, and documentation of difficult technical situations arising in the production clinical reference laboratory
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center