To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Staff Scientist - Protein Chemistry
• Lead characterization efforts for candidate lead proteins; development and execution of analytical and biochemical assays.
• Plan comprehensive studies; manage, analyze, and interpret data
• Research and recommend purchase of capital equipment as appropriate and required.
• Interface with external resources to augment internal capabilities
• Adapt new technologies and identify proprietary opportunities
• Laboratory experience in protein expression, purification, and biochemistry and biophysics techniques, including, but not limited to SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting, ELISA, in vitro activity assays, glycoform analysis, LC-MS, ITC, FRET, FP, SPR, NMR, equilibrium dialysis, protein ultracentrifugation.
• In depth understanding of enzyme kinetics and protein thermodynamics.
• Experience with protein structure-function, molecular modeling, and protein engineering.
• Strong understanding of experimental design principles and statistics
• Experience supporting protein therapeutic discovery in an industrial setting
• Familiarity with protein therapeutic drug development (formulation, manufacturing, clinical)
• Committed to maintaining high standards in quality of science
• Strong sense of urgency; ability to work at a fast pace under aggressive timelines
• Proactive, Motivated, adaptable self starter; able to muti-task
• Strong collaborator, ability to work in a team setting
• Critical, analytical thinker
• Strong communication and organizational skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• PhD in a relevant scientific discipline (chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics) with 6+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center