To see other BioTech job opportunities,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/
Research Assoc III BioScience
1. Without assistance, make sound technical recommendations regarding projects/matters that are more routine than not. Provide some analysis/redesign of key experimental procedures. Independently select techniques and procedures to solve problems within area of responsibility.
2. Employ appropriate techniques/methods to successfully and independently execute routine assignments within negotiated deadlines. Identify existing alternative methods and technologies for improving existing or new products/processes.
3. Maintain current knowledge of relevant GxPs, QSR and safety requirements while building knowledge of other regulatory requirements related to R&D (product development, design and safety) to ensure compliance in all research, data collection and reporting activities.
4. Recommend appropriate designs, techniques and processes for a specified sequence of tasks where needed
5. Contribute to technical feasibility analysis of complex research and design concepts
6. Monitor budgets and/or activity schedules of limited scope.
7. In addition to having an in-depth knowledge and understanding of GxP and related regulations and guidance, is able to provide expert insights into such regulations so as to facilitate efficient product registration and/or is an active participant in the generation, review, adoption and interpretation of such regulations.
8. Demonstrate ability to apply technical theories and principles to projects within area of expertise for non-routine tasks. Analyze and determine best solutions to non-routine experimental design or research problems with minimal assistance. Accurately assess results for validity and conformance to specifications
9. Contribute to successfully transferring processes to large-scale production.
10. Keep informed of industry and scientific trends, developments and new products in related scientific research.
B.S. degree in Biochemistry (or equivalent) and 4-6 years of experience or M.S. degree and 1-3 years of experience, or PhD.
1. The position requires relevant laboratory skills as well as excellent oral and written communication/technical skills including protocol and report writing. Computer skills plus teamwork/interpersonal skills also a must.
2. Independently plan and execute a series of design and/or technical tasks that may not be well-defined, have multiple variables, and require advanced techniques within negotiated deadlines
3. Specific responsibilities include designing and executing developmental protein purification experiments. Good knowledge of the following purification methodology is required: Column chromatography, Filtration, Ultrafiltration/Diafiltration, Cohn Purification, and Centrifugation.
4. Experience in pharmaceutical or food processing facilities, specifically Plasma fractionation and purification a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
BioTech FYI Center