To see other biotech frequently asked questions,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/faq/
(Continued from previous question...)
During the installation, I get an error that the serial number or registration code is invalid.
If you are only putting in a serial number and not the registration code, then you would see this error. Both codes can be found on the ReadMe First card that came in the box. You must enter each in the corresponding fields during the installation.
(Continued on next question...)
- When I launch the software, I always get prompted for codes. It never remembers them.
- What is Activation and why do I need to do it?
- I lost my serial number and/or registration code for a product that came on cd-rom/DVD
- I purchased software from CambridgeSoft, and I need codes.
- When I launch the software, I get an error that the license has expired.
- What is PathWorks?
- I installed ChemDraw Ultra 6.0, but when I launch, ChemDraw, Chem3D and ChemFinder, it asks me for the codes. The codes only work with ChemDraw and not with Chem3D and ChemFinder.
- How many activations do I get?
- After typing the serial number for my ChemDraw product in the serial number field, the Activation screen indicates "incomplete serial number", and consequently, the Activate buttons are grayed out.
- How do I activate my software?