To see other biotech frequently asked questions,
please visit http://biotech.fyicenter.com/faq/
(Continued from previous question...)
How do I activate my software?
Once you fill in your name and a valid serial number, the “Activate Later”, “Activate over the Internet” and “Activate by Phone/Fax/Email” buttons will go from grayed out to active. If for some reason, you choose not to Activate now, you can choose the Activate Later button and the installation will continue. However, each time you launch one of the programs installed, you will see this prompt, which means entering your name and serial number each time.
If you are connected to the Internet, and have no firewalls running, you can choose the “Activate over Internet” button. If you have any problems with Activate over Internet, use the Activate by Phone/Fax/Email instead.
(Continued on next question...)
- After typing the serial number for my ChemDraw product in the serial number field, the Activation screen indicates "incomplete serial number", and consequently, the Activate buttons are grayed out.
- I purchased a chemistry book that came with your software, but I lost the installation codes.
- When I try to activate the software, I get the following error message: "We're sorry, but we were unable to activate this product because: Unknown response:"
- I lost my serial number and/or registration code for a product that came on cd-rom/DVD
- How many activations do I get?
- When I launch the software, I always get prompted for codes. It never remembers them.
- When I launch the software, I get an error that the license has expired.
- I installed ChemDraw Ultra 6.0, but when I launch, ChemDraw, Chem3D and ChemFinder, it asks me for the codes. The codes only work with ChemDraw and not with Chem3D and ChemFinder.
- During the installation, I get an error that the serial number or registration code is invalid.
- How do I activate BioDraw (PathWorks)?