Install Open Babel Binary Package on macOS
How to Install Open Babel binary package on macOS computers?
The easiest option to install Open Babel on macOS computers is to install the Open Babel pre-compiled binary package as shown in this tutorial.
1. Go to Open Babel download Website at SourceForge.net.
2. Click to open "Files > openbabel > 2.3.1" folder. You see a list of Open Babel 2.3.1 download files.
3. Click "OpenBabel-2.3.1.mac.zip" to download the Open Babel binary package for macOS computers.
4. Unzip the donwload file "OpenBabel-2.3.1.mac.zip". You see the 3 files in a sub-folder:
-rw-r--r--@ 1 fyicenter staff 1804 Oct 17 2011 ReadMe.rtf -rw-r--r--@ 1 fyicenter admin 18504 May 10 2006 License.rtf -rw-r--r--@ 1 fyicenter admin 11429471 Oct 17 2011 OpenBabel.pkg
5. Click to open "OpenBabel.pkg" to start the installation. And finish the installation with default options.
6. Open a terminal window and verify the installation.
fyicenter$ babel -V Open Babel 2.3.1 -- Oct 13 2011 -- 15:14:47
Open Babel 2.3.1. is ready to use!
2020-05-24, 1625👍, 0💬
How to convert Convert SDF to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) using Open Babel? I want to see the mol...
How to build my own JSME editor Web Page? If you want to build your Web page and offer JSME as a mol...
Where to find FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) on running Open Babel on macOS? Here is a list of tut...
What Is SDF/Mol V3000 file format? SDF (Structural Data File) V3, also call Mol V3000 file, or Molfi...
What Are Valence Electrons of an Atom? Valence Electrons of an Atom are electrons located on the mos...