Structure Display Command on Open Babel GUI
How to change the display command on Open Babel GUI?
By default, Open Babel GUI uses Firefox to display molecule structure. If you don't have Firefox installed, you will get an error:
Obgui Error: Execution of command "firefox ..." failed. System cannot find the file.
To fix the problem, you can change the display command as shown in this tutorial.
1. Start Open Babel GUI and go to "View > Configure Structure Display" menu. You see a small window showing the current display command.
2. Enter a new command to use a different browser. For example, enter the following to use the Google Chrome browser:
\Progra~1\Google\Chrome\Application\Chrome file:/// C:\Users\fyicenter\AppData\Local\Temp/gui.svg
3. Enter a new molecule in the input section on the left.
4. Click to select the "Display in ..." checkbox in the output section on the right.
5. Click the "CONVERT" button. You see the molecule structure displayed in the Google Chrome browser.
2022-05-31, 548👍, 0💬
Where to find FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) on JSME Molecule Editor User Interface? Here is a lis...
How to show atom indices in a molecule SVG picture? I want to see in what order each atom is listed ...
What are tools that support the SDF/Mol V3000 file format? There are a number of online or standalon...
Where to find FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) on molecule online tools? I want to use them to creat...
Molecule Summary: ID: FYI-1000047 SMILES: Cc1c(C)c(C)c(C)c(C)c1C Received at FYIcenter.com on: 2020-...